Systems Architect - Advanced Level
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Systems Architect - Advanced Level
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position emphasis is “Applications End to End Monitoring” as it pertains to synthetic monitoring, Application Performance Monitoring (APM), Event Correlation and performance metric analysis for applications hosted on-prem and Cloud (Azure).
- Use communication and process skills to understand application and infrastructure architecture, application workflow, key transactions and guide the customer through key monitoring capabilities that best match their needs.
- Deliver application quality performance using the customer view of performance (end user experience) coupled with advanced performance management technology.
- Define and Implement End to End (across the towers) performance monitoring for business applications, services and dependent technology stack
- Consult on performance management process (End to End as well as Event Correlation)
- Work with application customers to understand performance issues for initially selected applications
- Coordinate with application customers implementation of selected monitoring tool
- Apply User Centered Design (UCD) principles and establish overall performance benchmarks
- Define what to measure for each application and cross service related areas
- Develop end-to end performance visualizations and prioritize problems
- Initiate performance remediation activities
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Expert knowledge interfacing with the Business Customer and Applications Support teams for application profiling and underlying architecture (technology stack, workflow, etc.).
- Ability to interface with the Application user via UCD principles for obtaining key transactions to monitor
- Ability to conceptually grasp an application’s process flow and architecture without direct access to source code.
- Expert knowledge in tools used for cross tower application and infrastructure monitoring (e.g., APM and ITOA Event Correlation Tools, AppDynamics, Azure Application Insights, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Monitor
- Experience with AppDynamics On-Prem and SaaS solution
- Experience creating monitoring solutions for Application in on-prem, Cloud or Hybrid environments
- Experience analyzing transaction and infrastructure metrics to identify application degradation causes.
- Experience determining baselines and implement alerting conditions.
- Experience optimizing code to tune application performance.
- APM performance monitoring instrumentation is considered a plus.
- Experience with Agile work methods such as SCRUM and Kan-Ban processes within stable teams is considered a plus.
- Experience building SPLUNK dashboards based on application synthetic transaction data feeds and infrastructure (e.g., SCOM, nGenius) data feeds is considered a plus.