Systems Architect - Advanced Level
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Systems Architect - Advanced Level
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position emphasis is “Applications End to End Monitoring” as it pertains to synthetic monitoring, Application Performance Monitoring (APM), Event Correlation and performance metric analysis for applications hosted on-prem and Cloud (Azure).
- Use communication and process skills to understand application and infrastructure architecture, application workflow, key transactions and guide the customer through key monitoring capabilities that best match their needs.
- Deliver application quality performance using the customer view of performance (end user experience) coupled with advanced performance management technology
- Define and Implement End to End (across the towers) performance monitoring for business applications, services and dependent technology stack
- Consult on performance management process (End to End as well as Event Correlation)
- Experience with Agile work methods such as SCRUM and Kan-Ban processes within stable teams is considered a plus.
- Work with application customers to understand performance issues for initially selected applications
- Coordinate with application customers implementation of selected monitoring tool
- Apply User Centered Design (UCD) principles and establish overall performance benchmarks
- Define what to measure for each application and cross service related areas
- Develop end-to end performance visualizations and prioritize problems
- Initiate performance remediation activities
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Expert knowledge interfacing with the Business Customer and Applications Support teams for application profiling and underlying architecture (technology stack, workflow, etc.).
- Ability to interface with the Application user via UCD principles for obtaining key transactions to monitor
- Ability to conceptually grasp an application’s process flow and architecture without direct access to source code.
- Expert knowledge building SPLUNK dashboards based on application synthetic transaction data feeds and infrastructure (e.g., SCOM, nGenius) data feeds.
- Knowledge in tools used for cross tower application and infrastructure monitoring (e.g., APM and ITOA Event Correlation Tools, AppDynamics, Netscout nGeniusOne vScouts, Moogsoft, SAP EEM, Azure Application Insights, Azure Log Insights, Azure Monitor)
- Experience with Applicatioins On-Prem and SaaS solution
- Experience creating monitoring solutions for Application in on-prem, Cloud or Hybrid environments
- Experience analyzing transaction and infrastructure metrics to identify application degradation causes.
- Experience determining baselines and implement alerting conditions.
- Experience optimizing code to tune application performance.
- APM performance monitoring instrumentation is considered a plus