Senior ERC Administrator
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Senior ERC Administrator
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for providing comprehensive HR support, customer service, service recovery and cross-informing skills. These skills will be applied continuously to serving our customers who contact the Employee Resource Center (ERC) through a variety of communication channels including phone, e-mail, fax and web self-service. Candidates must be comfortable working in an environment with a high degree of personal accountability as measured by productivity, quality, and metrics. In this role, ERC representatives often provide the first and often, the most lasting impression of Human Resources, and therefore must represent the company’s vision for acting with the highest standards for service, professionalism, accuracy, and efficiency as well as an appropriate sense of urgency.
The ERC ensures compliance with all employment state and federal laws and regulations, as well as the company’s policies, procedures, code of business conduct, operational guidelines and practices. In addition, the ERC will capitalize on their centralized knowledge to propose and create alternative solutions to meet the company’s ever-changing business needs and develop solutions to support the company’s business issues.
- Receive and respond to HR services, technology and support inquiries and requests with timely, accurate, and professional responses while managing multiple contact channels and workflows (i.e., email, correspondence, outbound and inbound calls).
- Accurately prioritize, categorize, and log requests into the request tracking system. Update HR System (Workday) as applicable.
- Interpret the company’s policies, programs, and procedures to effectively communicate in a professional, reassuring and decisive manner.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to trouble-shoot and resolve HR related issues, such as compensation/payroll, benefits, training, or annual program concerns.
- Create customer value by identifying linkages between specific requests and inquiries and available benefits, resources, and services by cross-informing to both spoken and unspoken needs.
- Present company benefits module at new hire orientation.
- Understand requirements of each health and welfare plan/program to ensure accurate representation and communication to all inquiries.
- Communicate policies and procedures with an understanding of state and federal employment laws and practices (i.e., ADA, FMLA).
- Respond to routine requests from governmental agencies such as the Dept. of Labor and various State Employment Commissions.
- Recommend ERC process improvements and work with team to implement changes.
- Maintain employee files, ensuring confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree required or 8+ years’ HR/Payroll experience in lieu of degree.
- 3 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: Human Resources, Benefits or Payroll call/service center or service environment.
- Broad HR knowledge, Payroll, Customer Service, ADP PCPW and Vantage, Workday or related HR/Payroll system experience.
- Must be familiar with search engines and be able to search and navigate using the internet.
- Experience using e-mail to respond to customers is required. MS Outlook preferred.
- Excellent telephone, written and verbal communications skills required.
- Ability to handle difficult customers and to facilitate service recovery to maintain the reputation of the ERC and Human Resources is required.
- Self-starter and quick learner. Must be able to exercise independent judgment in setting own priorities and workflow.
- Able to work effectively on an individual basis as well as in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Computer skills, including familiarity with web-based applications and MS Office programs required; solid understanding of MS Word and Excel.