Senior Graphic Designer II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Graphic Designer
Job Description & Responsibilities
Our client is looking for a visual designer with a good understanding of UX/UI to join our User Experience team. The Designer will collaborate with our UX team, as well as with IT and Business teams, on a variety of digital solutions and communications to provide high-quality and compelling visual designs that improve the user experience. We are part of the IT group working primarily on internal projects. This is a 6-month contract position with possibility to extend.
- Provide visual design for websites/portals, web and mobile apps, presentations, infographics, and other communications.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Provide concept sketches through high-fidelity prototypes of design options.
- Present work and provide thoughtful rationale for design options.
- Participate in brainstorming and group reviews.
- Ensure quality of deliverables and work with developers on handoffs.
- Create logos, icons, infographics, presentations, training materials, cohesive campaigns.
- Become UX team internal expert on the company’s brand standards and guidelines.
- Help identify opportunities for improvements.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- 3+ years of experience
- Degree in Visual/Digital/Graphic Design or similar field
- Portfolio demonstrating strong visual design skills for web, digital, print, including cohesive communication campaigns
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to easily adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to follow corporate design standards and guidelines
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
- Adobe Creative Suite (proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop)
- MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge with HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with wireframing and prototyping tools (e.g., Axure, Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD)
- Understanding of Web standards