Big Data Engineer/Architect
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Big Data Engineer/Architect
Job Description & Responsibilities
This role will be responsible for the full-life cycle of a cloud data solution, including analysis, assistance in platform and tool selection, design of the technical architecture & application, testing and deployment. This architect will design and determine data availability by interviewing users; defining, analyzing, and validating data objects; identifying the relationship among data objects.
- Perform platform and tool analysis that will result in recommendations for design and delivery of various components and reports
- Understand data model and data relationships
- Support the development of new analytical and data products and services, and the enhancement of current processes and offerings as well as testing, monitoring and governing of the solution.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer of the developed data model to internal development teams responsible for feeding the data model
- Work with report development resources to recommend most optimal method of report development
- Communicate with and deliver presentations to appropriate resources, technology and product team members on analysis results.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Expert in data architecture and database design patterns
- Knowledge of cloud solutions and various big data services and tooling
- Expert analytical skills to evaluate understand and interpret data from both an internal and client perspective
- Understand Business Requirements and perform Data as well as Functional Analysis and provide solutions
- Hands-on experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining complex data models for operational and analytical applications, both logical and physical data models
- Ability to build both tabular & dimensional models
- Experience in Data Warehousing with a focus in ETL, EL, ELT, BI Stack and benefits/detriments of each
- Broad understanding of database technologies (SQL, document, graph data stores)
- Ability to apply data store optimization and performance improvements
- Familiar with information security standards, ability to apply security standards and set security boundaries and limits.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and analysis results effectively both verbally and in writing to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Be self-sufficient and work well with others.