Application Developer II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Application Developer II (MyDay Integration Developer)
Job Description & Responsibilities
Under minimal supervision, provide cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, modifying, and supporting existing data integrations that are of a complex nature. This position will be working with MyDay Integration workstreams to develop integrations supporting the HR and Finance replacement program.
This position will have the opportunity to develop integrations hosted on the Mulesoft Enterprise Service Bus. Microsoft .NET middleware technologies will also be used for complex ETL development.
- Conduct work flow study and analyze of business practices
- Document existing integration-related processes
- Perform application lifecycle activities, including:
- Code, monitor, maintain, test, and debug integrations and software applications
- Follow established code promotion and change management processes
- Facilitate code reviews
- Develop test plans
- Make recommendations for hardware/software solutions
- Provide support
- Ensure integration development adheres to established standards.
- Document code
- Promote best practices
- Participate in End to End testing
- Coordinate with software vendors and external service providers
- Troubleshoot software bugs and provide fixes
- Provide off hours support, as needed
- Provide, cultivate and foster excellent customer service
- Promote adherence to departmental standards
- Act as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Bachelor’s in a technical discipline
- 5 years relevant technology experience
- Experience consuming and developing API’s
- Experience with .Net programming (C#,)
- Understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, or client/server systems.
- Knowledge in modern integration standards (XML, JSON, SOAP, WSDL, RAML)
- Experience with API management technology.
- Experience with common enterprise security protocols such as SAML and OAUTH2
- Mule Certified Developer – Integration Professional or similar industry certification
- Team Skills: Supports teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic IT team. Communicates effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Collaborates with other teammates to provide assistance, and expertise, as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Must be enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Must be able to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Engaged in continuous improvement of internal processes and procedures
- Ability to consult with clients and higher-level technicians and analysts to resolve technical problems and ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to interact with customers to discuss alternative technical solutions
- Ability to work with only minimal supervision
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- Ability to work extra hours and recognize the need to do so
- Ability to adjust scheduled time
- Ability to adjust to change and demands on time
- Experience with Microsoft SQL (T-SQL)