Data Steward - Senior
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Data Steward - Senior
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with business leaders responsible for Data, Sales & Marketing, and Product Supply;
- Ability to translate business needs into technical data requirements;
- Ability to clearly articulate our data strategy to business leaders in terms they can easily understand;
- Ability to influence other IT and business roles leveraging their very strong communication skills;
- Perform data design reviews for complex data enhancements with third party data support and development resources;
- Able to work independently on projects involving data profiling;
- Lead discussions across business functions to document business logic and sources of data;
- Participate in design sessions that result in design documentation for data processing, storage and delivery solutions;
- Participate in functional and integration testing to validate the results meet the business data requirements;
- Be able to make and influence decisions across other functional workstreams and global process owners for effective solutioning;
- Manage and accountable for timelines and deliverables within budget; Influence direction/design of future Customer Master Data Management solution.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 10+ years of data experience with relational databases like Oracle/SQL and data warehouses
- 10+ years of experience gathering business requirements and interacting with business users;
- Minimum two years of recent experience in SAP Business Intelligence(Business Objects, Webi and similar)
- Demonstrated experience in 'SAP BW' Or 'SAP BW On HANA'
- Demonstrated understanding of data architecture and modeling, including designing logical models for datasets;
- Proven leadership: Ability to make decisions, hold others accountable, and drive efforts to goals;
- Very strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to adapt communication style based on audience’s level of technical skills;
- Proven leadership in managing a matrixed team of IT and business data professionals, facilitating timely decision making, and knowing when to escalate issues.