Engineer Specialist-Client Service Assurance
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Engineer Specialist-Client Service Assurance
Job Description & Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility is to ensure GNOSC (Government Network Operations and Security Center) customers receive professional service and prompt response to their needs. You will support the 24x7 Floor Operations / Service Desk function for our managed network services customers - this means initiating and working Incident Management tickets, responding to trouble calls/emails from customers and doing network surveillance as assigned by the shift lead.
- Learn: physical topology and logical design for the customers network; customer and provided equipment (primarily Cisco/Juniper).
- Communication: handle customer calls in a timely, professional manner - providing status, conducting isolation and triage with onsite Points of Contact or dispatched field engineers.
- Troubleshooting: examine physical layer and logical problems using standard isolation methodologies on customer/carrier networks utilizing tools for router access, circuit layout, automated circuit testing, and ticket management.
- Monitor: use various network surveillance systems responsible for reporting the health of the multiple networks the GNOSC manages and act upon faults when necessary.
- Interact: directly with other Local Exchange Carrier groups, vendor/partners, GNOSC Advanced Technical Support, and customer teams.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Experience dealing with customer service requests via phone/email, trouble isolation / problem resolution, and operating under service level agreements.
- Hands-on experience in a NOC environment with Cisco or Juniper routers and LAN switches.
- Understanding of networking protocols such as IPVPN, IP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IPSec.
- Solid understanding of IPv4 and basic familiarity with IPv6.
- Experience with network management and performance analysis tools.
- Good understanding of DNS, NTP, Firewalls, ACLs.