Engr Spec - Client Service Assurance
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Engineer - Client Service Assurance
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Learn: physical topology and logical design for the customers network; customer and -provided equipment (primarily Cisco/Juniper).
- Communication: handle customer calls in a timely, professional manner - providing status, conducting isolation and triage with onsite Points of Contact or dispatched field engineers.
- Troubleshooting: examine physical layer and logical problems using standard isolation methodologies on customer/carrier networks utilizing tools for router access, circuit layout, automated circuit testing, and ticket management.
- Monitor: use various network surveillance systems responsible for reporting the health of the multiple networks the NOC manages and act upon faults when necessary.
- Interact: directly with other and Local Exchange Carrier groups, vendor/partners, Advanced Technical Support, and customer teams.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Hands-on experience in a NOC environment supporting customer networks with Cisco/Juniper WAN routers and LAN switches using an automated ticketing system.
- Experience dealing with customer service requests via phone/email, trouble isolation / problem resolution, and operating under service level agreements.
- Experience with TDM or Ethernet circuit testing.
- Understanding of networking protocols such as IPVPN, IP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IPSec.
- Solid understanding of IPv4 and basic familiarity with IPv6.
- Experience with network management and performance analysis tools.
- Good understanding of DNS, NTP, Firewalls, ACLs.