Tax Process Staff
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Tax Process Staff
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Tax Processing Staff is responsible for skilled, error-free, and timely logging, eProcessing/assembly, and delivery of submitted tax returns in accordance with established Tax practice guidelines, tracking the status of submitted returns, scanning and electronically saving applicable paper Tax documents, and performing other Tax engagement-related support activities within an office or sub-area.
- Develop in-depth understanding of all applicable federal, state, and local tax return types and assembly/filing requirements.
- Understand and follow specific Tax methodology and quality assurance requirements for processing all applicable tax return products, and other related practice-specific policies.
- Proactively support Tax practice and sub-service line eProcessing and eDelivery guidance
- Consistently and frequently monitor tax processing Lotus Notes mailboxes to remain current on submitted work
- Review electronically submitted returns and instruction sheets for completeness/accuracy, and follow up with tax return submitter as needed, prior to processing returns
- Accurately and efficiently log, eProcess, copy/print/assemble and distribute tax returns in accordance with established Tax methodologies and standard Tax Processing/Assembly guidelines. Optimize first-time accuracy of work to minimize rework.
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of own work and may quality check the work of others to make certain there are zero defects in work produced
- Skillfully scan and quality check necessary manual tax return documents and other engagement documents into ECF/eDocs
- Actively maintain metrics and other relevant departmental production information
- Effectively maintain tax processing technology and equipment, appropriate levels of necessary supplies, plan ahead for busy periods, etc.
- Proactively identify potential problems, alert leaders in a timely manner
- May function as lead processor in small to mid-sized locations
- Focus efforts on client needs, provide quality service, timely turnaround, and responsible for client satisfaction
- Demonstrate sense of urgency in responding to clients needs
- Gain strong understanding of and adhere to applicable firm, Tax and legal policies regarding quality, risk mitigation, confidentiality, and data privacy for all types of tax return products to be delivered and related information handled. Promptly escalate identified issues to appropriate resources.
- Utilize key internal contacts, peer networks, and knowledge repositories to answer questions, escalate/resolve issues, share leading practices, etc.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Strong organizational, customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer/technology skills and use of Tax technology applications, (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, EAD, ECF/eDocs), strong aptitude to learn new applications and to perform work electronically, as well as in paper media when necessary
- Highly motivated work ethic; able to prioritize, multi-task, assume responsibility for accuracy, quality and timely completion of work.
- Become skilled at planning ahead, time management, productivity.
- Optimize slower periods to help others or work on special Tax projects..
- Proficient in MS Office, capably navigate Tax Practice Guideline Tool-TPG&T, Americas Workplace Services Community Home Space, and other repositories/ databases
- Seek opportunities to identify/address customer needs; participate in initiatives to improve processes and services
- Actively share knowledge and work with others, whether locally or across geographies
- Anticipate and effectively respond to changing Tax and support environment.
- Keep abreast of changes in organizations, methodologies, technologies, and office procedures.
- Leverage relationships with key contacts; become recognized as a knowledge resource
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience; experience with tax returns a plus