KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Automation and Orchestration Product Manager
Job Description & Responsibilities
- The Automation and Orchestration department automates away the toil and complexity of secure reliable delivery and operation, so teams can focus on their core business value.
- The Automation and Orchestration Product Manager is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of products in the internal automation group.
- The Product Manager manages strategic product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product.
- Successful Product Managers help to identify assumptions and validate those assumptions through the use of product discovery techniques.
- The Product Manager is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders and partners, ensuring the successful definition and execution of go-to market and communications strategies for their products.
- Product Managers are also responsible for actively participating in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders, and peers.
General Product Manager Duties:
- Create, drive and execute product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio.
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to make decisions about product strategy.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Be recognized as the “voice of the customer”; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs & habits.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Decompose complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the team.
- Manage the product backlog, create an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- Develop and execute both an internal and external communications strategy for marketing your products.
- Coach and mentor members of the team as well as members of the cross-functional development organization on how to collaborate and conduct idea generation, consumer research, test design and execution, measurement, product implementation, customer interactions and roll out.
Job Specific Qualifications:
- Manage the partnership and communication to senior leaders across the different business areas.
- Provide education to leaders across the company on effectively using automation tools
- Grow, manage and maintain the internal customer backlog for prospective users of automation tool services
- 5-10 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you have the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a new product development team
- Clear passion for topics of technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a development environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
- Strong understanding and experience with automation, either as a developer or product manager on developer-oriented products.
- Solid understanding of the different functional, security, operational, financial and organizational factors that play into automation tools
- Actual experience working in any project that successfully leverages continuous integration and delivery