Engineering Technician - Intermediate
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Engineering Technician - Intermediate
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Innovation Engineering Imaging and Detection team is seeking a Technician to assist in our R&D efforts. The candidate must be able to work in high performing multidisciplinary teams. This is a unique opportunity for an individual who has a strong desire to work in world class technology organization helping to advance state of the art research into seed production processes while gaining valuable experience and building mindset in research and innovation.
- Operate (with training) customized imaging equipment, e.g., x-ray, optical, laser.
- Follow, document and maintain experimental procedures that are provided.
- Enter data into forms, spreadsheets, … etc.
- Follow clean and safe laboratory practices.
- Assist with local sample management - distribution, tracking, and shipping.
- Ordering specialized materials and general supplies.
- Lift and / or move up to 30 lbs.
- Train new technicians on imaging equipment and procedures.
- Aid in image analysis.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues with imaging equipment.
- Coordinating with team in the scheduling of optical and x-ray imaging equipment.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Associate’s degree with 3-4 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years’ experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Acquire images using optical and x-ray imaging equipment.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills needed to start and complete a task.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Some familiarity with image sensors/cameras is preferred.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment is desired, but not required.