RF Engineer - Heads Up
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: RF Engineer
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Performing review of existing designs and validating radio and antenna configuration for accuracy prior to construction.
- Responsible for submitting and reviewing E911 filings, reviewing regulatory filings to ensure accuracy as well as approval before integration and turn up of new sites and carriers.
- Work with System Performance Engineers on optimization solutions and suggestions.
- Include modeling proposed changes and submitting required filings.
- Work with Real Estate on site designs, node location selection, new site designs and changes as needed.
- Collaborate with Equipment Engineering for the proper radios, antennas and equipment and Network Assurance to validate new builds and network changes.
- Perform field site walks as required.
- Redesign existing locations to support new features and technologies as needed.
- Responsible for tracking projects as it pertains to the RF Environment from start to project implementation and ensure all FAA and FCC regulations are followed.
- Reviewing current and future projects for possible cost reduction initiatives
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in experience in telecommunications with focus on RF design
- Demonstrated knowledge in Atoll RF Modeling software
- Demonstrated knowledge of 4G LTE specifications, messaging and features
- Demonstrated understanding of LTE Network Capacity
- Demonstrated knowledge of Antenna fundamentals, modeling and implementation.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Perform job duties with general guidance and a thorough understanding of the job and the department's expectations and goals.
- Ability to navigate Ericsson OSS and Ericsson LTE reporting.
- Experience in data collecting and analysis of drive test data.
- Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data; making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager; and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes.)
- Ability to balance technical and business requirements.
- Superior organizational and planning skills (setting and communicating priorities; anticipating workload impact on resources of both self and team; delegating where appropriate; consistently following up on outstanding items; and providing focus in meetings and discussions).
- Ability to maintain performance level under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty and to effectively deal with situations for which few or no guidelines exist.
- Flexible and creative (seeks out and attempts alternate solutions to resolve issues, and seamlessly adjusts to a dynamic, changing business environment).
- Work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as needed.