KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Payroll Administrator
Job Description & Responsibilities
Work collaboratively in a team environment as part of the Employee Payroll Support (EPS) Team. Respond to payroll inquiries via inbound phone calls and emails and handle employee escalations. This position will interact on a regular basis with employees of all lines of business, HR, Time and Attendance teams and external Vendor Absence Administration personnel. Position performs a variety of activities in support of the functional processes, programs and/or services.
- Answer incoming calls regarding direct deposit, salary changes, special pay, short term disability, and general payroll time reporting inquiries
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with employees and working to establish a positive rapport with every interaction
- Cooperatively interact with peers in HR, Benefits, and Benefit Vendors to resolve employee questions/issues
- Accurately update employee call details in the employee payroll support case database
- Collaborate with leadership team to stay updated on payroll knowledge and stay informed of any changes in policies/procedures
- Impact the bottom line by problem solving and providing first call resolution
- Respond timely and accurately to payroll related email inquires
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll inquiry cases are completed accurately and timely follow up is provided to employee
- Interact within the Payroll Operations Support and Control teams to discuss change enhancements to existing system processes.
- Supports internal and external audit compliance.
- Other administrative duties, as required
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- An Associate Degree or Certified Payroll Professional Certification or FPC or equivalent work experience.
- One or more years of experience in HRMS/Payroll Processing/Timekeeping system applications.
- One or more years of Customer Service experience.
- A Bachelor's degree.
- General understanding of required compliance with legal, regulatory, and financial requirements governing functional tasks and activities.
- Finance Operations such as Payroll experience.
- Experience with end to end payroll processing requirements.
- Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously.
- Possess knowledge of payroll practices, policies and procedures.
- Strong quantitative, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team oriented individual who interacts and supports team members, team building.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large work volumes, show flexibility to meet processing demands, and adapt easily to change.