IT Project Management
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: IT Project Management
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Project Manager working with the State Privacy Laws (SPL) program working with PI End of Life.
- Activities will be working with technical and business areas to gather their information on specific databases and the PI inventory contained.
- There are specific artifacts needed and the PM will manage gathering and confirming completeness of these artifacts.
- The PM will report on status of progress for 6+ areas so coordination, time management and relationship building will be important.
Successful candidate must be familiar with Microsoft project and project planning.
- Must be comfortable with excel.
- Must be a good communicator and collaborator.
- Must be comfortable with changing requirements and potential shifts in project work and deliverables.
- Must have the ability to self- manage work.
- Directs strategic initiatives for technology project/programs of moderately complexity and impact
- Manages moderate complexity projects independently with no support or direction from others
- Delivers project communication on complicated projects and issues in an easily understood simplified style to any audience
- Drives achievement of projects/program success factors
- Represents the projects and its objectives in all governance/compliance/regulatory forums
- Drives project execution.
- Provide direction and oversight throughout project lifecycle to project team to meet applicable business requirements
- Engages appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation
- Assesses and reports health of all projects in an objective manner, maintaining project transparency and accurate status; keeping manager, delivery area and portfolio manager informed
- Proactively identifies, resolves, and escalates (as needed) projects/program risks/issues to manager, portfolio manager and delivery area as needed
- Maintains resource allocation throughout the project
- Acts as an internal advocate for the project
- Identifies, coordinates, and communicates project dependency impact
- Coordinates, documents, and communicates project plans and requirements
- Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the projects/program delivers them; driving adjustments in projects/program to more effectively achieve desired business results
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- 3+ years project management experience
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside the projects/program
- Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute on these strategies to avoid issues
- Ability to lead across a wide variety of project types