Support Specialist (Application) - Intermediate
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Support Specialist (Application) - Intermediate
Job Description & Responsibilities
The MAC OS Support SME will ensure best in class performance & availability for business capabilities and growth through IT Service Management. The scope will include solving operational issues for all MAC OS Support SME related services to support all clients and service levels while following all ITSM best practices. This requires excellent communication skills to work across teams to solve daily operational incidents and to coordinate Endpoint management activities. The successful candidate will manage conflicts and escalation to achieve results, while maintaining excellent working relationships across the teams. The successful candidate will also possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Provide support to all MAC OS escalated issues
- The MAC OS SME will provide quality reviews/checks for all new initiatives and changes incoming from all other IT organizations and Managed Services for all MAC operating systems
- They will participate in all service transition and support readiness initiatives and reviews related to pending MAC OS upgrades and changes
- Participate within the Agile Sprints in the Product Management and Engineering organization to ensure quality execution of all MAC OS related changes that will affect the operations and support organization
- Review and approve all Knowledge Base articles related to MAC OS support provided by P&E and Managed Service vendors
- Engage and ensure any security changes or initiatives that might have MAC OS related impacts are evaluated and reviewed with the IT operations and support organization
- Engage in any changes with vendors to streamline imaging processes for all MAC related Endpoints
- Lead the analysis of issues/problems and development of technical solutions as it relates to the MAC OS
- Work with the Engineering and the Managed Service groups to identifying emerging incident trends and drive problem resolution
- Provide subject matter technical expertise across all IT support functions and build solutions that drive resolution to elimination of issues or to lower level support organizations
- Work with the Service Integration team to help define production readiness and transition acceptance criteria and ensuring criteria completed before new system implementation
- Assist the Desktop Support team with participation in enterprise project deployments
- Establish system parameters and formats to ensure hardware/software compatibility
- Provide mentoring, education, guidance, assistance and training for other team members regarding technical support processes and technologies
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Apple Certified Systems Professional (ACSP)
- MAC OS: 5 years
- Hands-On experience in iOS, Macintosh, Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting
- Mastery level knowledge of supporting, managing and implementing MAC Operating Systems
- Knowledge of the role of the keychains in the user experience and overall knowledge of root and site certificates and their role in secure communication/browsing in macOS
- Must have strong communication skills to interact with business counterparts
- High level of knowledge in Microsoft products for the Mac, including Office 2016 (O365), Exchange, Skype for Business, OneDrive and OneNote. This knowledge is to include deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of these products
- An in-depth understanding of the OS imaging process using either JAMF, Netboot, NetImage, or ASR
- Understanding and familiarity with networking concepts. In particular, the roles of DHCP (renew and release leases), DNS (nsupdate), VPN (in particular, Cisco AnyConnect)
- High level of familiarity with Mac management at the command line level. Experience with both bash scripting and AppleScript. Comfort with running scripts that change user context (so the script is run as the logged-in user rather than as root).
- Familiarity with integration of Apple devices (Mac laptop, desktop, iOS mobile devices)
- Experience with the installation and configuration of security tools on macOS, including Symantec Endpoint Protection, Cylance Protect, OpenDNS Roaming Client
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or Engineering)
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) frameworks
- Office 365: 2 years
- Candidates who succeed in this fast-paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
- Team Orientation: Works cooperatively with others: encourages participation, values the contribution of all team members.
- Relationships and Networks: Develops effective relationships within the team and across TPS; fostering strategic partnerships inside and outside the organization to address business needs; building credibility with the business functions.
- Results Orientation: Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balance the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues to achieve results while moving in strategic direction.
- Communication: Creates an environment that fosters open, frank communication. Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully and solicits other opinions. Create new channels of communication between IT and other business functions.