Data Scientist - Intermediate
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Data Scientist - Intermediate
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are seeking a highly motivated professional who shares our passion for innovation in the area of predictive analytics and artificial intelligence to join our Corn modeling team within Science organization. You will have the opportunity to be on the forefront of developing novel & complex integrated agronomic models for recommendations on Products, Seeding Rate, Fertility and Crop Protection that farmers need today. Our team has access to the Rich and Big data you’ve only dreamed about to drive creation of simple, predictive, prescriptive models that will shape the future of the agriculture industry. We work on hard problems because we love the challenge. As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will work side-by-side with a team of exceptional data scientists with diverse backgrounds (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics etc..) to foster your career growth and development, while delivering next-generation scientific breakthroughs.
The Data Scientist will play a key role in delivering innovative scientific breakthroughs by applying predictive analytics, machine learning, risk optimization and statistics to integrated recommendations. You will work closely with interdisciplinary scientists, domain experts and stakeholders to predict the product performance and provide personalized prescriptions for growers while developing novel analytical models and best practices for complex data analyses.
What You Will Do:
1. Design and prototype models with artificial intelligence, operations research, machine learning, and statistics in order to solve challenging analytics problems influencing farmer decisions using scalable models
2. Collaborate with engineer partners to solve computational challenges of scaling analytical models on big data
3. Conduct scientific presentations regularly with leadership teams
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
1. PhD or Masters in Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or a related discipline with a focus on machine learning
2. At least 1 year research experience with applying quantitative research (e.g. reinforcement learning) in optimizing human decisions
3. At least 1 year experience with Python programming
4. Experience with database, data wrangling, statistical models, machine learning algorithms and their proper application to different data
5. Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
1. At least three year research experience with machine learning models
2. At least one year research experience with operations research MIP models
3. At least three year experience with Python programming
4. Strong analytical, effective and creative problem-solving ability to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex problem
5. Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise and actionable manner
6. Knowledge and experience in plant biology, breeding, agronomy or genetics