Technical Writer II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Technical Writer II
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our department. You will join a team of tech writers and subject matter experts who will work collaboratively with various departments to clearly define and document process.
- Writes and updates material for process documentation, reports, manuals, proposals, and related technical and administrative documents.
- Works with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the process documentation requirements
- Produces high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Writes easy-to-understand user interface documentation
- Creates tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyzes existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and improvements
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- 2+ Years of Technical Writing experience; proven working experience in technical writing or process documentation
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite; to include but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and visual imagery
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Telecommunications experience preferred
- Technical background preferred