Engineer-Equipment - III
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Equipment Engineer
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Perform detailed equipment engineering for new network build outs and augments. This includes the creation of I-Specs for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, requisitioning of project materials/equipment, and ensuring vendor delivery.
- Creation of I-Spec which includes: Coordinate Detail Engineering, Equipment/Hardware/Cable Ordering, delivery and Installation. Set and track appropriate dates and facilitate communication/coordination between cross functional teams to ensure successful, on-time completion.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- Manage, input, and update Engineering Databases (i.e. ICON, Venue) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
- Provide general guidance to cross functional teams as it pertains to Network projects, systems, and process.
- Resolve a wide array of engineering issues in coordination with other internal/external organizations.
- Maintain higher level privileges and access to system applications that are required to manipulate the engineering data.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- 5-10 years related experience with Equipment/Detailed Engineering
- Previous experience with Engineering systems & Databases
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-supervised, customer focused individual with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion
- Strong knowledge in job related functional area and of the telecommunications business
- Technical degree strongly preferred