Implementation Engineer _ Telecommunications Engineer - I
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Implementation Engineer - Telecommunications Engineer
Job Description & Responsibilities
Perform project implementation (Center Engineering, Field Engineering, Vendor Management) for various projects in the Verizon video network. Candidate will engineer and manage multiple simultaneous projects. The position requires involvement throughout the life cycle of a build. The Engineer will utilize Verizon Capacity Creation Process (CCP) system, Capital Management system, vSAP, and other internal systems to ensure a timely deployment of a build as well as the expedited closing out of the finalized build.
- Engineering details will include but not be limited to project-specific installation instructions, engineering database (ICON, CCP) updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Coordinate and drive Engineering issues to resolution
- Manage multiple projects & associated budgets, provide timely reporting, and effectively coordinate with Planning, Vendor Technical Management, and Program Management organizations.
- Manage multiple Capacity Creation Requests for new hardware deployments, reconfigurations, decommissions, and First Office Application (FOA) projects.
- Negotiate and coordinate overall project schedules for Engineering activities, Construction start and completion dates, Database Of Record completions, and all project milestones
- Accurately identify, monitor, report, escalate, and resolve project related issues
- Responsible to coordinate and schedule resources across multiple organizations to align project requirements with business goals and objectives.
- Visit locations for the purpose of end-of-job (EOJ) walk through / closing out jobs.
- Maintain excellent communication with Project Sponsor, Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues and timely reporting of status.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- College Degree with focus in area of engineering or other technical discipline. Military service strongly desired.
- Highly motivated, self-supervised, customer focused individual with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion, using conflict resolution, facilitation, solution-driven analysis, superior communication and project methodology.
- Understanding of telecom networks and related equipment a strong plus. Excellent Excel, Word and other MS application skills a must.
- May deal with both internal and external contacts. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge in job-related functional area and of telecommunications technology. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, and 1 to 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of Verizon systems, CCP, vSAP and ICON. Experience with AutoCAD and central office field engineering requirements.