Network Support - General
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
General Network Support
Job Description & Responsibilities
Position responsible for design configuration and implementation support for customer or internal network infrastructures.
- Monitoring, management and troubleshooting network devices.
- Utilize network management tools 'Netcool' and 'HP Openview' to identify network outages and work with various vendors for resolution.
- Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods.
- Prepares the analysis of the short term or long term capacity needs for wireless and wireline infrastructure.
- May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Studies and forecasts traffic drivers to determine short and/or long term capacity needs.
- Recommends strategic network architecture planning and network evolution policy decisions in support of corporate initiatives, customer demand, technology changes, economic and service reliability criteria.
- Evaluates new and emerging technologies for addition and/or application to existing network systems.
- Conducts economic and population growth studies to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections.
- Creates deliverables such as mgmt reports, business cases, infrastructure deployment guidelines.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Radio Access Network knowledge (LTE, UMTS)
- Distributed Antenna System knowledge
- Basic IP networking knowledge
- Has night shift experience (8PM to 7AM hours)
- Touch typing (over 45wpm)