Engineer-System Performance - III
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title - Engineer-System Performance - III
• Optimizes the network using traditional means (KPI monitoring, real-time analysis, etc).
• Utilizes multiple tools to optimize system performance.
• Perform audits to fix parameter/configuration issues in the network
• Works to automate processes and provides feedback to improve automation mechanisms
• Quickly adopts new methods and processes.
• Analyzes internal and external benchmarking and third-party test results and implements solutions to improve those results and meet KPI objectives.
• Collaborates with other Network groups to determine best design and customer experience (e.g., network assurance, RF design, construction, etc.).
• Considers numerous factors including time-to-market, cost, RF conditions, etc, in making performance, optimization, planning, and design decisions.
• Advocates for the customer in performance and optimization related matters.
• Troubleshoots VoLTE and LTE issues, including dropped calls, handoff issues, low throughput, etc, by investigating detailed call flows, over-the-air messaging, and RF information.
• Works with Field engineers to troubleshoot issues in the field to validate performance and perform workarounds when necessary.
• Investigates and resolves customer complaints.
• Interfaces with all levels of management.
• Typically manages multiple projects at a time.
• Quickly responds to critical system impacting issues and works with various teams to resolve as soon as possible.
EDUCATION & DESIRED SKILLS:
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related degree. Masters degree a plus.
• 2-5 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
• Experience with Ericsson RAN equipment and knowledge of ENM is preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, GSuite, Tableau
• Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills are required.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Strong problem solving abilities.
• Experience in automating tasks and scripting is a plus
• Moderate to minimum supervision over work product.
• Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
• Works independently on routine research and reporting functions.
• Demonstrated project management skills.