Engineering Consulting Professional - II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title - Engineering Consulting Professional - II
Seeking an experienced technical consulting professional who will be serving as single point of contact for tracking, reporting and delivery of various In building projects. Leading large projects for in-building and venues on end to end level; resolving problems in a timely fashion; fostering a sense of teamwork; working well in an unstructured environment; engaging in group activities; translating functional/operational goals into team goals; establishing and modifying processes as needed to meet new challenges; demonstrating original thinking, openness to change, and alternative solutions and assuming ownership for decisions and results. Also hands on expertise on managing program budget, financial reporting and tracking and spending projection on monthly, quarterly basis is essential to this role.
The work you will be doing will deliver the network infrastructure for in-building systems in Carolinas / TN. We will look to you to meet critical deadlines for small and large cross-functional and enterprise-wide projects and solve the complex problems that the team may face along the way.
Your role will be pivotal to coordinate activities within the various in-building network function and across other teams to make completing complex projects look easy.
You will be handling technical program management of all aspects of in-building/ DAS deployments in region. You will be preparing the overall delivery schedule and time line, escalating issues internally and externally to meet deliverables, managing project budget internally (and with vendor as needed), and reporting status of deliverables; You will also act as single POC for all sales/ enterprise related requests for varying scale of in-building network request, work with your counterparts at HQ to ensure processes are in place for projects to flow from end to end. Additional responsibilities include managing large venues/ high capacity events for network project RF design and implementation (weather new builds/ modifications/ overlays/ upgrade etc). You will plan, and track budget spending for current fiscal year as well as provide data to market financial analysts for monthly tracking. Compute and track program spending. Use analytical tools/ method to create reporting to show deficit/ overspend as well as to see which area can gain capital spending efficiencies and then apply appropriate method working with various cross functional group to achieve it.
Some key aspects and essential requirements for this job are:
• Develop & Implement end-to-end project plans to guide all teams (RF, Real Estate, Implementation, Network Assurance, Optimization) related to in-building deployment in the Company
• Balancing resource allocation, budgets, timelines, and potential risk factors that may impact project success. Work with regional and territory/ HQ counterparts for in-building budgeting for both Capex and Opex components, look for best-cost solutions. Identify cost savings through process improvements.
• Managing a wide variety of teams focused on different aspects of the network infrastructure and keeping them on task to meet deadlines.
• Expert analytics experience - have understanding and vision to manipulate data in varying dimensions to extract info as needed as well as able to summarize and present to management and executives for program status, identify gaps and bridge those gaps by working with different teams and help succeed. This is instrumental for budget tracking
• Assist equipment engineering to track and manage equipment ordering, reporting and inventory. Help reduce CIP by using monthly data analysis.
• Create cycle times, run rate, implement, and help teams to correct course when its out of alignment.
• Directing the deployment of enterprise product and service projects (on RF, RE & Implementation side) to ensure their integration and commercial success.
• Compile and report project update for leadership meetings and finding creative ways to resolve problems. Proactively communicates status, risks, jeopardies, and proposes mitigating options and strategies for addressing identified concerns.
• Work directly with customers, including national account customers, work with cross functional program manager peers to integrate in-building results and forecast in region wide deployment plans. Report monthly statistics, provide dashboard to each team for clear and concise visibility for tasks which are overdue or areas need attention.
• Act as Single escalation point between various In-building functional teams and internal/ external customers; Facilitate meetings with core teams and other project meetings as needed
Youll need to have:
• A degree and/or six + years of technical work experience.
• Four or more years of directly relevant work experience. Experience in managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects driving multiple teams for common goals with measurable results is essential to this position.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Must have strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team via digital media, i.e. virtual and remote environment
• Knowledge of agile methodologies applied to project management. Working knowledge of PMBOK principles or equivalent methodologies. Recommended: A PMI or Project management certification.
• Experience in various softwares for project management or tracking functionality (ex: Site tracker) & reporting/ data visualization programs like Tableau, Alteryx, etc)
• Internal tools like FUZE module, end to end process workflow knowledge on RF, Real Estate, Implementation, Network assurance teams.
• Experience with current Wireless/Cellular/Telecom technologies like LTE, X-LTE features etc
• Hands on experience on tracking software like Site Tracker,
• Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, SQL, UNIX, and scripting tools is helpful but not mandatory.
• Excellent skill set with all MS office tools including MS Excel. MS Project (or equivalent), PowerPoints, Google suites etc.
• The position is based out of Charlotte project and not expected to travel outside region; Local candidates will be preferred due to nature of job as theres no remote work opportunity.