Technical Envornment Artist 3
A renowned game studio currently working on AAA title is looking for a Technical Artist who will support and work with the environment art team in proving and defining visual quality. This position requires a candidate with a high amount of technical experience or computer science background.
You should have a strong technical understanding of lighting, rendering, and shading in a modern game engine. The candidate will be developing a wide array of real time shaders and will write tools code in Python or C# and engine code in C++. The position will be challenged with interesting problems spaces and you should be comfortable switching contexts between art and code. You will balance the concerns and shifting priorities of both the art team and the engineering team daily. This role will be key in developing the visual quality of the game and pushing towards to the next step in fidelity.
Strong collaboration, self-management and communication skills are essential as this role will be involve working closely with a diverse and highly experienced team. ?
- Read, understand, communicate and when required implement rendering and game engine features
- Work with tools developers to augment and enhance content creation and level tools
- Shader development and debugging in hlsl and node-based systems
- Tools and Pipeline development/debugging in python, C# or C++
- Ensure levels and content are meeting memory and performance targets using pix or renderdoc
- Analyze and improve visual quality in all areas of Environment Art
?Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- 7+ years of professional development experience on pc and consoles
- Shipped multiple AAA games on consoles and PC
- Eye for composition, form, light, shade, color and detail
- Deep knowledge of art production pipelines, workflows, and DCC packages
- Highly skilled with C++, C#, hlsl, python,
- Deep knowledge of game rendering, lighting, and shading
- Highly Experienced developing for Autodesk Maya and Houdini
- Experience with performance and optimization across multiple platforms.
- Extensive experience with large game engines such as UE4, CryEngine or Unity