KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
730 Stockton Drive
The Senior Analyst will be the primary contributor to the financial close process and financial reporting for clients Canada Revenue. He/she will be responsible for contributing to the production of accurate and timely reporting of monthly / quarterly / annual results. The Senior Analyst will bear full responsibility for Canadian revenue accounting including general ledger account reconciliations, analysis and monthly journal entries. All activities of this position will be performed in conformance with our established policies as well as GAAP, SOX, and any other applicable regulatory requirements.
Specific focus of position will be on proper revenue recognition, including management of all Canadian sales deductions. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail are critical success factors for this position. It requires working in detail Excel/Access models and understanding the driving factors behind significant or unusual results.
• 60% - Participate in the monthly and quarterly accounting close, including the preparation of journal entries. Responsibilities will also include accounting accruals and Financial Statement analysis as needed. Specific focus on estimation and management of accruals for prompt pay discounts, PLA rebates, return accruals, wholesaler chargebacks, coupons accruals, wholesaler discounts, commercial rebates and other discounts. Incumbent will need to ensure all information received by the business units, subsidiary systems, and interfaces are accurate, timely and are in compliance with all GAAP and U.S. statutory requirements.
• 20% - Prepare and document balance sheet account reconciliations and financial statement analysis on a monthly basis. Ad Hoc reporting and analysis to support the financials and other projects.
• 10% - Participate in all aspects of internal and external financial and operational audits.
• 5% - Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of established internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. This will include making recommendations for enhancements or modifications to existing processes and systems. Responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley control packages per the documented requirements.
• 5% - Ad hoc duties as required.
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting
• Minimum of 6 years accounting/finance experience
• Experience identifying and implementing process improvements affecting other stakeholders
• Experience working with all levels and disciplines of people within a large organization
• Strong ability to analyze and understand large amounts of data
• Excellent systems skills (SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to persuasively convey critical elements of complex issues
• Experience in Pharmaceutical Industry
• Prior Gross to Net Accounting experience
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Detail orientation with the ability to manage multiple priorities at once
• Ability to work in a team-based environment
• Must have demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to translate numbers and processes into meaningful conclusions and action plans.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Must have the ability to interact with all levels throughout the Company.
Highly energetic, creative and enthusiastic. This individual will be involved in cross-functional teams supporting Corporate and Departmental business initiatives. This will require the ability to generate ideas, engage in effective discussion and analysis and collaborate with fellow employees from other functional areas and at all levels of responsibility.
• Decisions involving significant judgment affecting the financial statements
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to think outside the box, arriving at creative and effective recommendations for improvements and enhancements in financial and non-financial operations.
• Make recommendations to management for any improvements to current processes
• Consultation and communication with supervisor on issues which have a significant impact on the financial statements
• Consultation and communication with supervisor and other finance staff on decisions impacting other stakeholders