Cyber Security Consultant
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Cyber Security Consultant
The cyber security technical writer will drive the development, collaboration, editing, review, approval and publication of process and policy documentation in support of cyber security teams and services. Primary focus will be on the development of process documentation and cyber security related policies/standards/directives, with an expectation of heavy interaction with multiple teams to gain consensus and deliver final documentation products that will be accepted by all stakeholders.
• Function as a communications and information specialist, preparing documentation for stakeholder review, approval, and publication
• Publish documentation to prescribed file sharing applications (SharePoint and/or Confluence)
• Conduct final reviews of proposed publications for style, design, layout, and editorial aspects before management approval
• Gather necessary information from cyber security personnel, and applicable policies and best practices to support the client in developing, writing, formatting, and editing technical and non-technical information for reports, manuals, procedures, processes, briefs, and other forms of documentation
• Provide technical and editorial document review and written feedback and expert opinion on draft cyber/infrastructure security information documents
• Assist with preparation of appropriate illustrative materials, diagrams and charts, and other formal presentation material for customer review
• Draft, coordinate, and implement updates to maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to carry out detailed customer functions
• US Citizenship required
• Experience with cyber security operations (specifically a Security Operations Center, or Cyber Defense Center)
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5-10 years of experience in developing and publishing technical documentation
• 5-10 years of experience in developing and documenting technical processes
• Substantive experience providing document/process development support for a cyber security organization
• Experience with producing technical design specification documentation by consultation with a system engineer
• Impeccable mastery of English language and grammar
• Master of MS Word, with very strong skills in MS PowerPoint and Visio
• Strong written communications skills with a high degree of attention to detail
• Experience with ITIL-based operations
• Experience supporting organizational alignment to the NIST Cyber Security Framework?