Project Coordinator II
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Portfolio Operations Analyst
About your department:
Project Description – what are the selling points that would spike a candidate’s interest in this role:
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
End User Support and Training
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert for Project Management and Time Tracking tools (i.e. MSPS, Planview)
• Manage inquiries via email to provide support for Time Tracking and Project Management tools
• Enable, train, and support project and program teams to run ad-hoc reporting
• End-User training – tools and processes 40%
D&T Portfolio Support Tools
• Supports TT&P tools - such as MS Project Server, Planview and collaboration tools such as SharePoint, to track and analyze project portfolio, financials, milestones and status.
• Updates SOPs and other process documentation
• Meets SLAs related to User Support
• Troubleshoot issues related to PWA / SharePoint environment / PCRT Reporting
• Partner with Support Team to resolve incident, problem, and change tickets 40%
• Support processes used by TT&P Portfolio Support to manage IT investments
• Resolve issues with complex systems, which connect with multiple other systems (i.e Beeline, Oracle)
• Support operating rhythms, metric gathering and reporting 10%
• Makes recommendations for and supports ongoing improvements to Portfolio Operations approach, processes and tools.
• Identifies areas to address to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Portfolio Operations 10%
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
High School Diploma
2 + years’ experience working primarily in a project environment (Business Analyst, Implementation Analyst, Project Coordinator, Project Manager, etc.)
2+ years’ General business experience
Ability to follow processes
Strong customer support experience
2+ years of previous experience working in a Program/Portfolio Management
Proficient in MS Project Server and SharePoint/and or other collaboration tools
Proficient in Excel
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
MS Project Server (PPM)
Experience with tool administration
What are the soft skills that you feel candidate’s must-have in order to be successful in this role?
• Requires strong business acumen, strategic outlook and a focus on complex project delivery.
• Strong self-starter, able to work independently in a complex, matrix environment.
• Requires a structured, process-oriented problem-solving mentality.
• Strong communication/inter-personal skills. Able to the support operations and influence the development of cross-functional Program behaviors and Project Management tools.
• Great attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced project environment
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates:
Retail, Software Development, Consulting