Senior Principal Software Engineer
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents software. Analyzes business needs and creates software solutions. Responsible for preparing design documentation. Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing. Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs. Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Works with business and development teams to clarify requirements to ensure testability. Drafts, revises, and maintains test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts. Executes test procedures according to software requirements specifications Logs defects and makes recommendations to address defects. Retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved. Documents evolution of testing procedures for future replication. May conduct performance and scalability testing. RESPONSIBILITIES: Plans, conducts and manages assignments generally involving large, high budgets (cross- functional) projects or more than one project. Assists in creating the strategic technical and architectural direction to the programming function. Serves as point of contact between IT and key business users senior leadership in defining IT solution based on business needs. Drives changes in architecture, methodology or programming procedures. Performs estimation efforts on the most complex projects and tracks progress. Obtains detailed specification from business users and development to ascertain specific output information requirements. Prepares detailed plans for managing cross-testing team dependencies. Serves as the testing consultant to leader in the IT organization and functional user groups. Mentors team members on all aspects of testing concepts.
• Excellent Application Developer foundational skills in Python.
• Expertise/hands-on experience implementing secure solutions in DevSecOps lifecycle model, CI/CD pipeline, yaml scripting, GitLab, Splunk, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Hashicorp Vault, CyberArk, etc.
• Direct experience migrating and building applications in GitLab preferred.
• Expertise/hands-on experience in deploying apps on Container Technologies like PCF, Docker & Kubernetes.
• Nice to have Experience in Testing automation tools like Selenium & App Security Testing tools like Twistlock.
• Experience in Agile Project execution.
• Knowledge of implementing RPA tools like Automation Anywhere will be a plus.
• 6+ years of overall IT Apps Development experience using .Net/MS SQL required.
• 2+ years’ experience in DevOps/DevSecOps preferred
• Experience in .NET CORE / C# preferred.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering/equivalent.
Duration: 6 months